List of our Objectives
- To address the issues of men’s mental, physical, and emotional health and wellbeing in the community.
- To engage the elderly, differently-abled, youth, veterans, indigenous and other groups of men from Joondalup and surrounding suburbs and to specifically address any issues of loneliness, isolation and depression.
- To support the social interaction of men in transitional periods (e.g. Redundancy, Bereavement, Retirement, Ill Health, Relocation and Respite Care).
- To share, disseminate and preserve the skills, abilities and interests that are relevant to the community.
- To facilitate links between men and health-related agencies, family organisations and specialist health professionals within the community.
- To advocate the benefits of partnerships between men’s sheds and the community.
- To develop a men’s shed which can operate on a cost-neutral basis, that is, its ongoing costs can be met or exceeded by its revenue.
- To initiate and continue activities of particular relevance to men.